Ghost stories page 2

The following ghost stories have been submitted by visitors to my site. Whether they are true or not I cannot say because I was not there to witness them. Perhaps they are pure fiction but who knows, maybe just maybe they are real!

Is it back?.

To understand exactly WHAT is back, you may want to read my other story.

It is a really long story, that explains what I think I'm seeing now, 8 years later. I am now 16 years old, and until a few months ago, I thought I had escaped whatever was haunting me at my old house.

It all started the night after my friend got hit by a car. He wasn't killed, but simply fractured his back in several places. It was done on purpose, so naturally I was extremely nervous that something could happen again. I didn't sleep for about a week because I was so paranoid, and when I did sleep, I had nightmares of ghosts and demons haunting my boyfriend and I, violently killing my boyfriend. (I don't know how this is relevant to my friend being hurt, but somehow my being scared and not sleeping led to these nightmare I'm assuming.) One morning, I was in the kitchen fixing something to eat. I glanced outside through my big glass French front doors, and saw a black shadow in the shape of a man. I looked back, and it was gone. I considered the fact that I hadn't slept in a few weeks, and simply ignored what I thought I had just seen.

The nightmares continued. No more than a week after "seeing" the"shadowed man" as I call him, he was back. And this time I was sure. Everybody has those dreams where they are falling, or perhaps being grabbed, and they jump and wake up. I felt something grab my ankle, and I woke myself up from jumping so violently. I sat up to grab a drink of water from my nightstand, and when I looked back, there was a black shadow in the shape of a man near the foot of my bed, where my legs had been. I blinked a few times and it was gone, but I remained frozen. It felt like an hour before I gathered the courage to turn on my lamp. The shadowed man was gone, but I still felt as if I was being watched. Perhaps I was being paranoid, but when most people think that they may have experienced something, they say "It was like nothing I have ever felt before." but the thing is, I have had this feeling before. It feels just like when I was at my old house- the one I lived to prior to this one. I always felt as if I was being watched and felt unsafe, if that makes any sense. It was the same feeling I had before. I broke down crying, and needless to say, I did not sleep that night.

About two months passed, and nothing happened. I began to think that maybe what had happened was just a realistic nightmare. But I was quickly convinced that it wasn't. I was at my mom's boyfriends house, a few hours from where I live. We all slept in the same room. They were in their bed, and I was on the couch. I was sleeping rather good, when I suddenly woke up. I thought nothing of it because I wake up around 2 times a night to get something to drink or maybe go to the bathroom. I didn't feel like getting up, so I just laid back down and tried to go back to sleep. Just as I was dozing off, something grabbed my shoulder. I was facing the back of the sofa, so without looking back I assumed it was my mom and muffled"Leave me alone. Go away. I'm sleeping." Then I heard "No. I'm never leaving." It was the most evil voice I have ever heard in my life. It was nothing like in the horror movies. It gives me the chills just thinking of the voice. It was a deep, growl.

That was about two months ago, and I have not seen the shadowed man. I have had dreams where I become possessed. I am laying in my bed violently shaking and moaning. I have woken myself up both times because I could feel myself shaking. I hope that this could be the end of whatever is going on, but my gut is telling me that this isn't over. I talked to my priest and he said that it was because of fears that demons were taking advantage of me, but I can't think of what I could be scared of. In the beginning, yes, that would have made sense. I was scared for my friends life, but that is all done and taken care of. Why is the shadowed man still here?

by Hannah Caulfield

Camping Horror! With Kanaka Pete?

In the fall of 2007 I was attending University in Nanaimo BC, Canada. A few weeks before Halloween my boyfriend and I took the guided, haunted tour of Nanaimo. During the tour we heard the story of Kanaka Pete.

Kanaka Pete was a big Hawaiian that lived in Nanaimo with his native wife and their infant daughter. In 1867, after a night of drinking, Kanaka Pete returned home to find his wife's parents in his home and his wife told him she was leaving him. Pete left and got totally intoxicated. He returned around midnight to find his Father-in-law in the act of adultery (incest) with Pete's wife, while the Mother-in-law watched and the baby lay beside them. In a drunken fit of rage Pete grabbed an axe and did not stop swinging until his wife, her parents and his daughter were all chopped into pieces.

He fled to Newcastle Island where he was hunted down and captured. After a rushed trial he was hung. He vowed he would return and have vengeance. This scared the locals to the point that neither the Europeans nor Natives wanted him buried on their land. He was taken to Newcastle Island, a former smallpox colony that was uninhabited and they buried him in a makeshift, unmarked grave.

Our tour guide told us that his evil spirit still lurks on the far side of Newcastle Island looking for revenge and to never be on the far side of Newcastle Island after dark. This was the most interesting of all the ghost stories we heard that night. My boyfriend and I thought it would be real exciting to go camping on Newcastle Island the following Saturday, especially because it was close to Halloween with the thrill of maybe finding out more about Kanaka Pete.

When we got to the Island we saw signs saying no camping beyond this point. We spoke with one old timer there and were told that for our safety it was dangerous to camp past the signs. He told us spirits that have unfinished business still roams near their graves and that Kanaka Pete is confined to a certain area of the Island. We set up our camp on the safe side. While we were camping we saw some people in kayaks heading towards the far side of the Island. We never saw them return. Before dark we took a little hike part way on the far side of the Island. We came across the body of a dead rabbit with its head chopped off. It looked as though it had just happened. That was really freaky as we did not see anyone around there. We headed straight back to camp.

When we took the little ferry over to Newcastle it was a calm sunny day, during the night it got cloudy and the winds came up making it even spookier. The winds became very high and the night air became chilling cold.

During the night we started to hear some of the scariest noises. Shortly after we went into our tent for the night we thought we heard a scream coming from the far side of the Island. This really spooked us. Not too long after that we heard more terrifying screaming followed by the sound of chopping. This happened many times throughout the night. It was the most terrifying thing we had ever heard. We wanted to leave the Island but the little ferry would not be back until morning. We were chilled to the bone with fright. Shortly after midnight we heard what sounded like a fierce demonic roar and more screaming followed by violent chopping then the most eerie laughter. Needless to say we spent the entire night huddled together scared to death. We tried calling on our cell phones but we had no reception all through the night, we had reception earlier in the day and the next morning.

Before that night I did not believe in ghosts and thought ghost stories were fun and amusing but after my experience, that has now changed.

That was the most frightening and horrific night of my life. I believe there is something very evil on the far side of that Island; we could feel it and we did hear it! I will never forget that cold October night on Newcastle Island and I believe to this day the ghost of the evil axe murder Kanaka Pete was nearby. If we would had ignored the warning signs and camped on the far side of the Island that night, I feel we would never have returned.

By L. Marie

Shaking Bed

My 8 year old granddaughter and I were sleeping together in my queen bed. Absolutely, I've never been bothered before by anything weird or paranormal in this house or any other in my life.

I had no scary dreams or watched any scare movies and I don't drink or take drugs. That night late I woke up to my bed shaking violently, I was horrified to realized that my body was totally paralyzed and I was unable to move or even speak intelligibly which I tried in vein to do, trying to rouse my granddaughter up to turn on the light. I managed to mumble and move about like I had been tied down. That bed was a very large solid bed. We had no reports of earth quakes and I am to this day baffled as to what happened to me. To this day I have no explanation but have heard of others this has happened to as well. This lasted only what seemed like a few minutes but it was the scariest thing that has ever happened to me and my granddaughter has a vivid memory of that night as well.

by Penny Spence

A tragic loss

My son was killed by a DUI driver in 2003. Immediately after his passing, while talking to a visitor to my house, the visitor fainted. She later told me that while talking to me, she could see my son laying on the couch next to us, watching and listening to us talk. A school custodian reported that as she had locked up the gymnasium and secured it, she heard a bouncing basketball. When she went to investigate, she could see my son playing basketball. Her husband walking up behind her a moment later also could see him playing basketball. Another student reported while watching television in her living room, my son walked into her living room in front of her with bright white light radiating out from him, told her everything was okay, and then walked away. My brother while walking across a gym floor in Fort Worth reported seeing his nephew with arms reaching out to him. As he reached to grab his nephew, his nephew faded away. I saw a young man wandering around the cemetery, looking like a visitor just looking around. He was dressed in white clothing and seemed to glow. As I approached, the young man walked behind a tall headstone. I could find no one in the cemetery, but got a strong feeling that the individual was my son. At the end of the last school year, a custodian was cleaning the windows on the double doors of the gym. She watched a H.S. boy who had been working out, walk across the floor towards the doors where she was cleaning. Just before he got to the doors, she made eye contact with him, he smiled at her, when she opened the door for him, and he was not there. Her son reported later; while in class, he and his friend watched a H.S. boy appear in the front of the class, watching the screen for several minutes, then fade away. Later when mother and son both saw pictures of my son, they both identified him as my son.

(He has been observed in full-body form numerous times.) He was reported to always be radiating bright white light. These are just a few of reported sightings. A lady said that he spoke to her and that his voice was clear and distinct.

By Hugh Mantooth

Is my dads house haunted?

I was at my dad's place a few years back, and I was on the computer looking up videos on You Tube. After awhile, the computer started not working, but that was normal. (it was late in the night, by the way). So I got up and turned off the screen. The room was almost pitch black.

The room I was sleeping in at the time was the living room, and the TV was on. As I turned to face the door, I could swear that I felt something go through me. Being freaked out, I ran out to the couch, and didn't leave until morning. I still remember that after about 5 years. Recently I've experienced other things there. I'll place something somewhere, and it'll end up on the floor, or in another place altogether. If its in a different place, it tends to be someone else. Also, the back door that leads out to the porch has a window with curtains next to it. According to my dad, he closed the door, but the curtains didn't move. Not strange? He opened and closed the door numerous times and it barely moved at all, when normally it would sway back and forth. I've also heard a couple voices that seem to belong to a spirit, but they don't come very often. I can't always make out what they say, but one time, not too long ago, I swear I heard a girl say, and I quote "Help... I don't want to be alone!" And she sounded a little sad. This is by far the most paranormal thing that's happened.

by Dylan Wagner